Evidence-Based Care at JourneyPure at the River
As one of the nation’s leading rehabilitation centers, JourneyPure At The River only offers services that are evidence-based; services that have significant scientific research that have been successful in treating drug and alcohol addictions, as well as co-occurring behavioral and mental health issues. We utilize a medical model of addiction treatment that incorporates the evidence-based treatments of the Integrated Dual Disorder Treatment and a Trauma-Informed approach.
What Is the Medical Model of Addiction?
The medical model of addiction is sometimes called the “disease model” of addiction. A modern interpretation of the addiction cycle, this model suggests that there are underlying reasons for addiction that are biological, psychological, or sociological in nature. Using the medical model as a basis for treatment helps us identify and resolve the underlying issues leading to an addiction.
Treatment Options Based on the Medical Model of Addiction
Because of the multi-faceted nature of drug and alcohol addiction, and our deep understanding of the medical model of addiction, we provide comprehensive and customized treatment programs for each client in recovery. Programs include one-on-one therapy, group therapy, experiential therapy, and spiritual therapy.
All of the therapies utilized in our group and individual sessions, (Motivational Enhancement Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Twelve-Step Facilitation, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, EMDR, among others), have strong research supporting their use with individuals with addiction.
How to Know if Help Is Needed
It’s difficult to be certain whether evidence of substance abuse is youthful experimentation, a bad phase, or something more serious. Sometimes, addiction develops in a matter of months, while other times it may take years. When you think your drinking or drug abuse has become problematic and it’s proved difficult to manage on your own, it’s time to consider getting help.
Not sure if addiction treatment is necessary? Ask the following questions:
- Is drinking or drug use causing reputation problems, damaging important relationships or hurting performance at work or school?
- Is lying or evasive behavior becoming more common?
- Is sobriety physically or emotionally uncomfortable?
- Is drinking or doing drugs taking the place of old friends, hobbies or favorite activities?
- Is drinking or doing drugs interfering with responsibilities?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, JourneyPure At The River is here to help.
How We Help
Our program begins with detox then proceeds through customized therapies that adhere to the medical model of addiction treatment. We follow that with aftercare. Our comprehensive approach addresses all aspects of addiction, and because no two clients are alike, every program is different.
Our experienced staff members develop a customized recovery plan for each client, that aims to relieve the symptoms of detox, unearth the underlying reasons for substance abuse, and teach the tools necessary to relieve stress, anxiety and other symptoms that can lead to relapse.
When you enroll at JourneyPure At The River, you can expect:
- Up to four individual therapy sessions every week. Our trained clinicians will help you uncover the underlying reasons for the addiction.
- 24/7 access to recovery coaches who soothe nerves, lend an understanding ear and provide a constant source of comfort and support.
- Diverse therapies that address psychological, emotional, physical, and social healing. These include motivational interviewing, trauma recovery therapies, wellness therapy, equine therapy, and other therapies necessary for long-term recovery.
- Practical approaches to common recovery issues. You will learn effective coping skills for managing cravings, stress, anxiety, and other challenging situations that those in recovery face daily.
Why Addiction Treatment Is Urgent
Without intervention, the root causes of addiction can have fatal consequences. Fortunately, JourneyPure At The River is ready to help you remove the barriers to successful recovery and take the first step toward a lifetime of health and happiness.
Even if you have tried rehabilitation programs before without success, we encourage you to contact us at any time. We are ready to talk with you about our unique recovery programs and finding a plan that works best for you. There is never any judgment here at JourneyPure At The River — only a sincere desire to help you get better.
Call Us Today
Let us help. Talk to one of our compassionate counselors today if you or someone you know is suffering from addiction.