Cocaine Addiction Treatment in Tennessee
Cocaine is a recreational stimulant that can be inhaled, injected, or snorted through the nose. As such, cocaine is a dangerously addictive substance that rapidly crosses the blood-brain barrier to exert powerful effects on the brain’s reward pathway. Much like heroin, cocaine presents a high risk of addiction within a short time by exposing the brain to its chemically altering properties. Also like heroin, cocaine can cause life-threatening side effects such as:
- Rapid heartbeat (tachycardia)
- Elevated blood and body temperature
- Agitation and/or panic attacks
- Paranoid or psychotic thinking (loss of contact with reality)
- Impulsive, often manic behaviors and hallucinations
Cocaine addiction also raises the risk for:
- Heart attack
- Myocardial infarction (a blockage of blood flow to the heart)
- Sudden cardiac death
- Organ failure
What to Expect from Cocaine Addiction Treatment
We have helped many cocaine addicts overcome addiction with a successful combination of evidence-based counseling, group therapy, individual psychotherapy, and experiential activities.
At JourneyPure At The River, clients receive the following services essential for overcoming an addiction to cocaine:
- Complete physical and mental evaluation by addiction healthcare professionals to address undiagnosed health issues or psychological disorders
- Medical detoxification supported by medications to relieve withdrawal symptoms, and 24/7 assistance from physicians who specialize in addiction withdrawal
- Intensive counseling and psychotherapy sessions to give clients the coping and life skills they need to successfully complete a cocaine addiction treatment program. Motivational interviewing is one type of client-centered, non-confrontational therapy we use to sharpen a client’s self-awareness of the consequences and risks of addictive behavior
- Holistic services to nourish the body, mind, and spirit
- Aftercare programs and ongoing support designed specifically to help clients recognize and manage stressors that may trigger relapse
The neurobiology of a cocaine addiction differs from that of other stimulant addictions because of the way cocaine deadens the brain’s ability to feel pleasure. Following cocaine detoxification, cocaine addiction rehabilitation consists of providing clients with medically supportive care, counseling, and holistic therapies to help reduce cravings, and improve overall health and well-being.
Call Us Today
If you or someone you know needs treatment for a cocaine addiction, please call us today. JourneyPure At The River excels in developing personalized recovery programs that address the unique needs of cocaine addicts seeking sobriety.